Posted By Elaine ~ 10th February 2012
Do I really need another TIME wasting online tool?
The answer to this question came to me on Saturday during a Social Media workshop I attended through Sociallogical.
One of the participants was raving about Pinterest , I said I did not get the whole purpose of the site and thought it was a waste of my valuable time.
Egg on my face…I was wrong about the value of Pinning!
One of the class participants shared how she was using Pinterest and I saw the light…or at least the value in Pinning and Creating Boards!
(google pinning and witness how fast this website has taken a word and made it main stream conversation)
Pinterest is a virtual file cabinet for everything that you find interesting on the internet.
Now instead of saving all those cool ideas, information and resources you find in your e-mail and computer memory, you can store it virtually. Filing and organizing it on a site that allows you to find the information quicker, better and faster. Which in my books is reason enough to use something!
Personal Uses for Pinterest
- Storing Recipes we love and future recipe ideas
- Future Travel and Vacation ideas.
- Sharing information on Past Vacations and places we have visited
- Saving information on Yoga sites that have virtual classes and videos
Businesses applications of Pinterest
- Saving Information and Research for future blog posts
- Sharing Educational Videos I have produced
- Connecting with like minded business owners
- Participating in a Community
Imagine all the ways you can use Pinterest in your life to save valuable time
Here are some interesting Pinterest pages you may want to check out, click on the name to see their boards;
- Margarita Ibbot a colleague and friend from Central Canada, she pins about organizing, books and style
- Danielle Scholfield a fellow scout leader who has pins about crafting, hair fun and great food ideas.
- Deb Turton my Aussie friend who has pinned some inspiring websites, travel and just for fun a board of black and white photos.
- Judith Mackin a local designer, writer and Style maven…guess what she has pinned…candy for the eyes in every room
Get on this fun site, have a look around and judge for yourself if it is a valuable use of your time.
With something this great there are always things you need to be aware of. Some interesting information about how the owners of Pinterest are making money….and really did we expect this amazing site to be free. Anyhow, you can read the information yourself and make your own decision on this hot of the press information. Read it here.